Ohaus® - Explorer® High Capacity Precision Balances
Free UPS Ground shipping within
the 48 contiguous United States.
Ohaus® - Explorer® High Capacity Precision Balances
The Explorer series now includes three high-capacity precision models with capacities up to 35 kg. Explorer high-capacity balances offer the same intuitive features, such as AutoCal and a 1 second stabilization time, with additional functions and attributes to support higher capacity weighing applications.
- Modular Design
- 5.7" Color VGA Touch Screen Optimizes Viewing and Menu Navigation
- Two Sensors on Display Offer Hands-Free Operation
- Display can be Separated from the Base up to 1.5 metes. 9 Meter Cable is also available.
- Superior protection in rugged or unstable environments
- With Die-cast Metal Base, Stainless Steel Pan and thick metal housing the Explorer High Capacity is built to withstand Daily Wear and Tear
- 2-D Protection Prevents Shock and Damage Associated with Movement and Forces Applied to the Balance
- IP54 Protection Guards Balance and Weighing Cell from Damage by Dry Particles, Humidity and Accidental Spills/Splashes.
- Optional Adjustable Rolling Feet Provide Assistance in Easily Moving the Balance
- Optional Rechargeable Battery Option Provedes 10 Hours of Operation away from a Power Source
- 1 Year Warranty
The OHAUS Explorer® Series has risen to the next level of ingenuity—expanding on its modern features & design to offer unmatched functionality in a line of high-performance balances unlike any other on the market.
Standard Features Include:
- Intelligent PERFORMANCE-All Explorers have newly optimized linearity and repeatability specifications and enhanced vibration filtering for better balance stability. All models also come standard with AutoCal™ automatic internal calibration. 3×3 filtering setup ensures fast and stable weighing results. The Explorer EX…/E models additionally offer traditional external calibration. These combined enhancements improve accuracy, efficiency, and throughput.
- Intuitive OPERATION—A large color touch-screen display, icon-driven application software that features 14 unique application modes, and a 3 level adjustable angle display make Explorer the easiest to use, most advanced balance in its class today.
- Ingenious DESIGN—The base and display separate for maximum flexibility in any work area. Draftshield models isolate the weighing chamber to enhance stability and speed results while offering maximum accessibility to the weighing chamber through top-mounted side doors or through the versatile top door that flips or slides open. Hands-free entry is available with optional automated side doors.
- Practical FEATURES— Explorer has up to four user-programmable touchless sensors to minimize cross contamination and wear and tear normally associated with repeated touching of the balance. The Explorer EX…M Models have been designed and verified to meet or exceed the Class I and II accuracy requirements in accordance with EC Directives and EN45501.
With stabilization times up to 50% faster and superior shock protection, Explorer delivers fast, accurate, and reliable results.
- Fast stabilization time
- Improves operational efficiency
- Increases throughput
- Improves productivity
- Optimized linearity and repeatability specifications
- Provides accurate and repeatable results
- Optimized vibration filtering
- Provides balance stability in unstable environments
- Superior Shock, Spill and Splash Resistance
- 2-D Protection guards balance against disruptions in service due to shock or sudden movements. IP54 base enclosure protects the weighing base from damage by debris, humidity and accidental spills and splashes.(High Capacity models only)
SmarText™ 2.0 is OHAUS’ easy-to-use graphical software featuring 14 applications, virtual QWERTY and numeric keypads, and below-minimum weight indication.
- Color VGA display with icons for simple menu navigation
- High resolution, 145 mm color 640 × 480 pixel display reproduces highly readable operating software
- Resistive touch screen display quickly responds to operator’s touch or stylus
- 14 built-in applications with customization capabilities to meet the varying needs in laboratory and industrial settings
- Minimum Weight capability with visual warning feature
- Virtual QWERTY keyboard and numeric keypad to quickly input GLP and GMP data and other application data
- User Manager with administrator capability
- Library function to store and recall customized applications
- Alternate RS232 command feature adapts the balance to existing data acquisition software
- External input for zero, tare or print operations via the external foot switch accessory
- Audible and visual feedback for touch screen input commands as well as the indication of the check weighing status
Explorer’s draftshield provides ample access and visibility to the weighing chamber through the versatile top door and side sliding doors. Select models feature motorized side doors that open and close automatically with use of the touchless sensors on the base and display.
- The automatic draftshield door model has a new function for automatically
opening draftshield doors without touching the balance. It helps to eliminate
sample residue transfer and contaminations.
- Side doors seamlessly glide on top-mounted bearings
- The versatile top door offers two entry options; access the weighing chamber by flipping the top door or sliding the glass panel open.
- The expansive side entry (160 mm × 240 mm) allows you to freely place and remove large weigh boats or other large vessels in the weighing chamber
- Antistatic coated glass helps dissipate static charges in the weighing chamber which could adversely affect the weighing results
- Easy to install and remove glass panels and a stainless steel bottom make Explorer extremely easy to clean
- A draftshield chamber light is available when the balance is used in low lighting environments
Practical TOUCHLESS SENSORS
Explorer features up to four touchless sensors for hands-free operation of print, calibration, tare, automated draftshield doors and other selectable functions
- Hands-free operation
- Improves weighing efficiency
- Eliminates sample residue transfer
- Minimizes contamination
- Two sensors on the base* and two on the display can be set up individually to allow for remote operations
- The sensors can be set up to provide automated operation of the draftshield side doors and can be programmed to automatically open the opposite side door in order to support efficient and logical sample placement with your free hand.
*Analytical and precision models only.
Automatic Draftshield door operation only offered on Analytical models
AutoCal™ ensures performance and assists with routine maintenance by automatically calibrating the balance daily.
- Fully-automatic internal calibration system
- No need for external masses
- Eliminates cost to maintain external weights
- Self-calibrates the system when it senses a temperature change sufficient enough to affect weighing accuracy, or every 11 hours
- External Calibration Models Available
- Select precision models feature traditional external calibration in which external weights (user’s choice of calibration weight values) are used to calibrate the balance to ensure accuracy
Intuitive USER SETUP
Explorer is the industry’s most easy-to-use balance, featuring leveling assistance and instructional messaging for quick out-of-the-box setup and use.
- Easy to view illuminated level indicator placed at the front of the balance
- Adjustable thumbwheels are easy to turn to level the balance
- Level assist screen helps users quickly identify which thumbwheels need to be adjusted to level the balance
- Data Transfer Function helps to output data directly into Microsoft Excel
- Instructional messaging during application use guides users through the weighing process
- User information menu allows users quickly view and learn more about the available balances features
- Up to 13 operating languages make Explorer’s Intuitive User Setup truly universal
Ingenious MODULAR DESIGN
Explorer’s modular design features a color touch display that can be separated from the weighing base
- Display features:
- Three position, angular adjustment to optimize viewing
- Easy access communication ports include standard USB and RS232 and an optional third port of either RS232 or Ethernet
- Left and right side cable exit feature for customized
- installation capability
- Tower and wall mount ready for modular installation*
- In-use cover for protection against rugged use
- Extension cable accessory extends remote use up to 3 meters
- Base features
- Quadrastance™ design with four adjustable thumbwheels provides superior stability
- Robust die-cast metal bottom housing
- Accessory tower mount ready for modular installation
- Cable storage system
- Adjustable rolling feet accessory allows for simple and quick movement and relocation of the balance**
*Tower mount sold separately
**High capacity models only
Explorer EX…M Models are designed and engineered to meet stringent OIML and NAWI Directive (Non Automatic Weighing Instruments) requirements for use in legal and prescribed applications such as in pharmaceutical laboratories, jewelry stores or QC laboratories. OHAUS Explorer also features NTEP Type approved models. The Explorer EX…M Models have been designed and verified to meet or exceed the Class I and II accuracy requirements in accordance with EC Directives and EN45501.
Other Standard Features & Equipment:
Menu lock switch, security bracket, integral weigh below hook for below balance weighing applications, removable stainless steel weighing pan, stability indicator, overload and underload indicators, auto standby.
OHAUS EXPLORER® Application Software
The OHAUS Explorer’s advanced applications simplify even the most complex laboratory measurements. Whether it’s determining the difference between initial and residual weights or calculating the density of solids and liquids, Explorer eliminates the need for time consuming manual calculations and data logging. The high resolution display and innovative user interface make balance setup and application use effortless.
- Weighing Determine weight of items in the selected unit of measure. Minimum Weight feature is also available.
- Percent Weighing Measure the weight of a sample displayed as a percentage of a pre-established Reference Weight.
- Dynamic Weighing Weigh an unstable load. Balance takes an average of weights over a time period.
- Totalization Measure cumulative weight of multiple items. Cumulative total may exceed balance capacity.
- Differential Weighing Store sample weights and calculate the difference between initial weights.
- Peak Hold Capture and store highest weight in a series. Both stable and unstable weights are captured.
- Parts Counting Count samples of uniform weight. Choose Standard Counting, Check Counting, or Fill Counting.
- Pipette Adjustment Check pipette values by weight analysis, with built-in water density table. (Non High Capacity Models)
- Check Weighing Compare the weight of a sample against target limits. Choose from Standard, Nominal-weight, or Nominal-Percent.
- Filling Fill a container to a target weight. Progress bar displays filling status.
- Formulation For compounding and recipe making. The number of components can be from two to 99.
- Density Determination Determine density of solids more dense than water, solids less dense than water, liquids, or porous material.
- Ingredient Costing Determine cost of formula or recipe based on known cost/quantity of components or ingredients.
- SQC Monitor and/or control processes to eliminate under and over filling. make balance setup and application use effortless.
Metrology: EC, OIML, NTEP, Measurement Canada (Class I, 320000e; Class II, 42000e)
Product Safety: IEC/EN 61010-1:2001; CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1-04; UL Std. No. 61010-1 (2nd Edition)
Electromagnetic Compatibility: EN61326-1:2006 (Class B); C-Tick; FCC, Part 15, Class A ; ICES-003
Environment: RoHS; WEEE